Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Top 5 Simpsons Quotes

Here are My Top 5 Simpsons Quotes (in no particular order):

From "She of Little Faith":

Rev. Lovejoy introduces pizza mascot The Noid, who will deliver a special sermon on "deliciousness."

Lisa: That's it!
Homer: [whispering] Quiet, Lisa! Everyone in the store is looking at you.
Lisa: They should take a good look at themselves, and what their church has become. [the congregation gasps]
Lovejoy: Lisa, it's still the same basic message -- we've just dressed it up a little.
Lisa: Like the Whore of Babylon?
[the congregation gasps]
Lovejoy: That is a false analogy!
Lisa: No, it's not. It's apt. Apt!

From "Deep Space Homer":

NASA scientist: Maybe we should finally tell them the big secret - that all the chimps we sent into space came back super intelligent.
Chimp in suit on rollerskates: No. I don't think we'll be telling them that.

From "Lost Our Lisa":

The streets are simply too busy for Homer to see Lisa.

Homer: This is no good, I gotta get up higher! [walks over to a balloon salesman] Give me all of your balloons. [the salesman hands him a dozen or so balloons] I hope this works... [walks to guy in a cherry picker] These are for you if you let me use your cherry picker!
Guy: Well, I've already got some balloons, but.. they're not this nice. Deal!

From "Cape Feare":

One agent suggests a new identity for Homer.

Agent: Tell you what, sir. From now on, you'll be, uh, Homer Thompson at Terror Lake. Let's just practise a bit, hmm? When I say, "Hello, Mr. Thompson," you'll say, "Hi."
Homer: Check.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
Homer: [stares blankly]
Agent: Remember now, your name is Homer Thompson.
Homer: I gotcha.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
Homer: [stares blankly]
[A long time later]
Agent: [sighs in frustration] Now, when I say, "Hello, Mr. Thompson," and press down on your foot, you smile and nod.
Homer: No problem.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson! [stomps on Homer's foot a few times]
Homer: [stares blankly]
Homer: [to other agent]
I think he's talking to you.

From "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?":

Homer now attempts to write the review with Maggie and Santa's Little Helper (SLH).

Homer: I don't need Lisa to write a good review. [reads] The food at the Gilded Truffle really ... What's a good word? [Maggie makes a sucking sound] Sucks! That's great! And the bread was really ... [looks at SLH] Come on, help me out here!
SLH: Ruff!
Homer: Rough? I don't know, you've been pitching that all night.
SLH: Chewy?

All quotes from "The Simpsons Archive": http://www.snpp.com/

Feel free to nominate your own favourite quotes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"this enormous woman will devour us all!"

(also, what are the rules for pop again?)

Anonymous said...

Pete's favourite simpsons line of all time!
Simpsons safari episode

Bart thanks monkey lady(can't remember her real name) for the grubs, lisa admires her work and 'sensible' ponytail, Homer as casual as you like comes in with,

"So, I notice your house smells of feces!"

Homer Gold!!!